Friday, June 8, 2007

Survival of the Sleepiest

As we near Oliver's 6 week "birthday", it becomes more and more clear that this adventure can be summed up as "the survival of the sleepiest".



Oliver continues to be ridiculously alert and active for his age. He only sleeps 10 - 12 hours out of every 24 hour period, which keeps mommy and daddy hopping! He's so darn cute though, it's hard to be annoyed.







I have to admit, I'm somewhat concerned that I may never feel well-rested again, let alone do such things as wear makeup or look presentable...





The baby definitely got all of my (good?) looks, as I've been unable to find them since he was born. :)

I seem to have fallen into the "exceptionally doting mom" classification. I find myself absolutely in awe of and in love with all of his little parts:





Who knew they made such tiny little Chucks?



Oliver has added some new tricks to his repertoire. Rolling over is no longer that exciting apparently, as he's now started to push himself up onto his elbows, and tuck his knees up under his bum in an attempt to crawl. I swear if the kid crawls before he is 6 months old, he is grounded for life!

We had an appointment at Primary Children's Hospital yesterday to make sure that his belly button had healed properly (which it had). We found out at his appointment that he was now 23" and 12 lbs 12 oz. I must be turning into muscle-woman, carrying this kid around all the time.

It's nice when dad can take a turn and give mom a little break...



He still seems to be having some serious tummy issues, as he screams and screams after he eats for quite some time. It seems as though he's never quiet. I feel so bad, I wish I knew what to do to take his tummy ache away. We are going to take him to the doctor to find out what's wrong as soon as we can get in. Unfortunately it seems to be the season where everyone wants to see their pediatrician, and getting an appointment is a trick. In the meantime we just hold Oliver a lot and try to rub his tummy to help him feel better.

I didn't really understand what people meant when they said that they loved someone more and more every single day...



...I do now.

No comments: